Located about 70 miles north of Seattle on the picturesque Puget Sound, Tesoro’s Anacortes refinery has a total crude-oil capacity of 120,000 barrels per day (bpd) The refinery primarily supplies gasoline, jet fuel and diesel to markets in Washington and Oregon, and manufactures heavy fuel oils, liquefied petroleum gas and asphalt. It receives crude feedstock via pipeline from Canada and by tanker from Alaska and foreign sources.
The Anacortes refinery ships gasoline, jet fuel and diesel through a thirdparty pipeline system that serves western Washington and Oregon. The
facility delivers refined products, including CARB gasoline and components for it, through our marine terminal, to ships and barges. Tesoro operates refined products terminals at Anacortes, Port Angeles and Vancouver, Washington.
Health and Safety
•Conducts regular health and safety audits to provide compliance assurance and to focus on continuous improvement and implementation of industry best practices
• Honored by Puget Sound Air Control Authority for voluntarily producing special gasoline blend, reducing air pollution in Seattle area during summer months
• Created EAGLES program to coordinate environmental projects – roadside litter cleanup, Earth Day activities and environmental awareness talks with employees
• Support Adopt-A-Highway cleanup program for Washington Highway 20
• Sponsor annual March Point Run, benefiting United Way of Skagit County
• Sponsor American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life
• Matched Tesoro employee contributions dollar-for-dollar to the Skagit County United Way; total contribution 2010— $108,000
• Sponsor scholarship program for Anacortes School Foundation
• Sponsor Skagit County Tulip Festival