Working at Tesoro
Our employees enjoy an energizing work environment, emphasizing our core values and our desire to be the best refining and marketing company. We are committed to providing our employees a complete benefits package that allows the best opportunity for work-life balance and professional growth.
The objective of Tesoro’s compensation program is to enable and sustain a high-performing workforce that helps create consistent, positive business results. Our compensation philosophy is to provide competitive pay opportunities and to differentiate rewards to recognize individual performance.
Tesoro employees are recognized for significant milestone events, day-to-day contributions and exceptional performance linked to our core values and business strategies. We provide the tools, training and resources to promote a culture of appreciation and performance-based recognition. To support this, we have programs encouraging recognition for new ideas, process efficiencies, productivity improvements and teamwork.
We encourage our employees to take an active role in their professional development. In addition to on-site customized training and workshops, we also support educational and professional development through conferences, certifications and other learning opportunities.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Competitive health insurance plans, including dental and vision coverage, which allow employees to select the best plan for their needs.
• Long and short-term protection: includes group term and supplemental life, accidental death and dismemberment and business travel insurance.
• Paid time off including vacation, holidays and a range of paid leave programs.
• Thrift 401(k) Plan: Tesoro matches employee contributions up to 6 percent, offering comprehensive investment alternatives and providing the opportunity for significant savings accumulation over time.
• Pension Plan: provides additional security upon retirement at no additional cost to employees.
• Wellness program: offers reimbursements for fitness and weight management programs, encouraging employees to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Other programs and benefits offered include flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses, discount-purchase programs, employee credit union and a company-matching gift program to accredited educational institutions.