Tesoro Los Angeles Refinery
Tesoro’s Los Angeles refinery is located in Wilmington, Calif., on approximately 300 acres. Operating at 97,000 barrels per day, the refinery processes heavy crude from California’s San Joaquin Valley and Los Angeles Basin as well as imported crudes from South America and other international sources. The refinery manufactures gasoline, jet fuel, diesel fuels, petroleum coke and fuel oil.
Throughout its history, the refinery has expanded and improved its operations to meet the increasing demand for clean petroleum products
and to respond to new environmental regulations.
The adjacent Wilmington sales terminal receives petroleum products from the Los Angeles refinery and distributes 32,000 barrels per day of
all grades of gasoline and low-sulfur diesel, primarily to Tesoro’s Shell and USA Gasoline™ stations.
Health and Safety
• Over five years without a Lost Time Injury
• Built and rehabilitated eight 80,000 barrel tanks
• Daily surveys performed to identify and eliminate potential sources of odors
• Partner of Friends of Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
• Sponsor of Los Angeles Conservation Corps green initiatives
• Sponsor International Bird Rescue
• Annual sponsor United Way Los Angeles
• Special Olympics year round Law Enforcement Torch Run Sponsor
• Sponsor of the Youth and Government Programs at San Pedro/Wilmington and Long Beach YMCA
• Sponsor of College Bound Program at Wilmington Boys and Girls Club