Tesoro Mandan Refinery
The Tesoro Mandan refinery began operations in 1954 and today has a capacity of 58,000 barrels per day (bpd). It processes primarily sweet (low sulfur) domestic crude oil from North Dakota.
The facility manufactures gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, heavy fuel oils and liquefied petroleum gas. Refined products are trucked and railed from Mandan, and also shipped east via pipeline to supply the Jamestown area, eastern North Dakota and Minnesota.
Tesoro operates more than 900 miles of crude and product pipelines, transporting more than 380,000 bpd across our system. The largest part of this system is a 750-mile crude oil gathering and mainline system that delivers all of the Mandan refinery’s crude supply.
Health and Safety
• Achieved Star status under OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program - 2010
• Received 2010 ND Safety Council President’s Letter of Achievement for incident rate reduction of > 50% from prior year
• Received 2010 ND Safety Council Letter of Commendation for Safety Performance
• Dedicated 640 acres as natural wildlife habitat
• Planted 7,000 trees with Boy Scouts Girl Scouts in past 20 years for Arbor Day
• Sponsor Missouri Slope United Way
• Sponsor Mandan Golden Age Project, to repair homes of senior citizens
• Support cerebral palsy research through Great American Bike Race
• Support Special Olympics and Sporting Chance, providing sports and outdoor opportunities to physically and mentally challenged
• Support The Banquet where employees cook and serve free meals to people in need